Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Peanut Butter Pie

We finished celebrating O's birthday this past weekend!  All this kid wants on his birthday every year is a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake.  He knows I'm more than capable of baking him any kind of cake, yet the DQ Ice Cream cake is his thing.  And of course I got the birthday boy what he wanted, I just waited until we had some friends over to help us eat it.  There's no way we could should eat the whole thing ourselves.

I couldn't let his actual birthday go by without something homemade to stick a candle in, so I whipped up one of our favorites.  Peanut Butter Pie.  It's Cindy's recipe and couldn't be easier to make--five ingredients!  I love recipes with as little ingredients as possible.



Peanut Butter Pie
Serves 8

ingredients:
6 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1, 9 oz container of Cool Whip
1 graham cracker or chocolate pie shell


Whip the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth--add in powdered sugar and peanut butter and mix until creamy.  Scrape sides and bottom of bowl, and add in half of the container of Cool Whip, mixing again until combined.  Pour filling into the pie shell.  I used a pre-made Oreo crust in the interest of saving time.  Feel free to make one from scratch if you're an over achiever.  If you're not a chocolate fan, use a regular graham cracker crust--its just as good!  I digress; pour the filling into the pie shell and top with the remaining Cool Whip.  I added a little hot fudge to the top, but you could easily add chopped peanuts or leave it alone.

That's it.  It's so easy that I might just make another as soon as I polish off the other half of the ice cream cake while waiting for the NSYNC reunion on the VMA's.  PS: Miley, you should stop.  #eww

Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...