Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Budget Master Bath Make-Over: Before

Fact: We have the smallest master bathroom ever.  Another fact: I hate it.  Ok, I don't hate it.  But I don't love it.  It's one of the only rooms I haven't put a lot of attention into.  All thats about to change.

Here's what our master bathroom looked like on move-in day:



{the good} I've tried to make minor improvements here and there over the last two years.  Like replacing the light fixture



{the bad} Painting the vanity a dark espresso color adding new hardware.  Painting the vanity a super dark color just made the room feel *that much* smaller



And {the ugly} attempting to make that gold medicine cabinet a little more attractive by adding some silver rub 'n buff to the frame.  Major Pinterest fail.



Enough is enough.  This bathroom needs a little love, even if we are the only two people who ever see it!  I'm giving myself a $200 budget & a three day weekend for the whole shebang.

O's probably taking bets on how much I'll go over the budget, and how many additional days it'll take for me to wrap this up.  I do love a challenge ;)

Pssst!  Check out the finished bathroom here!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the bathroom update. I was wondering if a dark vanity would make a bathroom feel darker. Good to know that sticking to light colors is the way to go! Can't wait to see what you decide to do.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out the way I'm picturing :) Stay tuned!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...