Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

I'm a closet organizer.

One of my 2013 goals {I'm not good at keeping resolutions} is to get more organized.  Things are pretty organized around here to begin with, but there is always room for improvement!  One little area that needed some extra attention was our hall closet.  So often things get shoved in the closet, or thrown up on a shelf.  Before you know it, its out of control.  A quick trip to Home Goods for a few baskets & bins took our entry closet





A large basket at the bottom holds a few pairs of shoes we wear often & I added a hook on the inside wall where I can hang my purse and work bag.  I'm famous for just hanging them on the outside facing knob!  Now, they have a home.

I stenciled our initials on each of the bins that hold our hats, gloves & scarves.  The dog children also share one with their leashes, toys and etc.

DIY Stencil canvas bins

The top shelf now keeps all of our random household items in one central location. Magazine holders now store miscellaneous warranties and manuals.  Our home management binder {that mysteriously travels from one location to another in the house} has an official home!

Its amazing the sense of accomplishment you get from getting one little space organized.  Thanks to Our Fifth House's Winter Project Challenge for kicking my rear into gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...