Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pineapple Craze

It must be true what they say about your taste buds changing every seven years..."they" do say that, right?  I've never been much of a pineapple girl {except when it's blended into a Pina Colada...} but I recently gave it another try and I CAN'T.GET.ENOUGH.

If you follow me on Instagram {@amparsons29}, you saw that I was having one heck of a time chopping that sucker up over the weekend.  I eventually got it all cut up...  I've been eating it diced up as a snack & even grilled.  But my latest pineapple obsession?  In the form of creamy Sorbet.

With the extra day this weekend & the amazing summer weather, I decided to dust off {literally...} the ice cream maker and turn my new favorite fruit into a healthy {??} dessert!


Pineapple Sorbet

2 cups fresh chunked pineapple
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup pineapple juice {or water, orange juice--any liquid!}

Put all ingredients in the blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
Pour into ice cream maker* and blend for 7-12 minutes.  Pour into a freezer safe container &


The first time I made it, I attempted to make it a little healthier by using two tablespoons of honey in place of the simple syrup.  It was good, but there was a very noticeable honey after taste.  Which wasn't bad, but I was going for full on pineapple flavor.  The second try recipe, above, was the winner for me!

*We have the KitchenAid Ice Cream Attachment that fits our mixer & I LOVE it!  

4 comments:

  1. YUM! I love pineapple, so this sorbet looks perfect! And I need a KitchenAid mixer, for sure.
    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this sounds so delicious. LOVE anything pineapple...so I'll be making this asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!! I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so flippin' funny because I'm in the same boat! I CANNOT get enough pineapple. I wonder if it's a hormone thing haha I'll have to try this...looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...