Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Best of: Nails

A good manicure is just the icing cake.  The perfect finishing touch!  So I thought it would be fitting to wrap up my Best of series with my favorite nail products!




1:   Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream has been my go-to for years.  I have one at my desk and on my nightstand, and try to apply two times a day.  It keeps my super dry hands and cuticles tame!

2.  I also keep Fine Grit Nail Files all over the place too.

3.  I loved Essie's Grow Stronger base coat when I was trying hard to grow my nails out & stop biting!

4.  I pretty much exclusively use Essie Nail Polish.  Favorites for my hands include Ballet Slippers and Allure and for the Piggy's Smokin' Hot, Mint Candy Apple and other fun seasonal colors.

5.  Dry time is the worst.  Essie's Good to Go helps speed things along!

6.  I mentioned this Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps base coat a few Friday's ago.  It really has made my manicure last so much longer!  I can really get away with going a week without noticeable chips!

My normal routine:
-File {buff if needed} and apply cuticle butter and hand cream.
-Swipe an alcohol soaked cotton ball over my nails to remove any residue.
-Apply one coat of Hard as Wraps, let dry approx. 2 minutes.
-Apply one coat of polish, and let dry about 3-5 minutes.  Apply a second coat if needed, and dry the same time.
-Apply one coat of Good to Go.

I took a tip from my blog pal, Emily, and surf the iPad for about a half hour while I really wait for them to dry.  That way I can really be sure they won't be ruined.  Because ruining your nails as soon as you do them is the WORST!

What are your favorite nail products?  Any tips to make your mani last longer?!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I had some tips. I can't do a good at-home manicure to save my life. I stick to clear polish and frequent filing. I do love Essie's nail polish too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Burt's Bees cuticle cream. I am an Essie junkie too lately. Love the pale pink color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE a good neutral polish! One of my favorite's is OPI's Bubble Bath, but I'll have to give that one a try, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok you KNOW I'm loving this post! I totally adore that cuticle cream too - it is the best! Also I'm going to need a tutorial on how you make those cute cute graphics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok you KNOW I'm loving this post! Not surprisingly, I'm also a fan of that cuticle cream - and it lives in my desk drawer at work :)

    Also I'm going to need a tutorial on how you make those cute graphics for your posts - love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...