Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Post-Op Recovery Essentials

The hubs had to have surgery last week {outpatient--he's doing ok!} but I knew ahead of time that I needed to stock up on a few things to make recovery a little more bearable!



Threshold Acacia Bed Tray  This made life so much easier!  Just unfold the legs and BOOM. Instant table on the sofa!  ANDDDDD someone can bring me breakfast in bed when they're back to 100% ;)
Warning: this tray had a huge flippin' sticker on the top that took me like 2 hours to remove.
Don't believe me?  Check out this picture on Instagram...

A large Tumbler with a Lid and Straw.  This was HUGE.  It was so nice to fill it up with his hydration of choice--which ended up being approximately six 2-liters of Sprite.  It was nice not worry about him spilling it all over himself {or the new sofa...}

The iPad, which we already had, was a lifesaver.  He was able to check the news, sports and play games to pass the time.

Lots of movies!  We watched a few classics like Billy Madison and Tommy Boy, but got a few new ones from Netflix as well--The Butler was really good!

This Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe was amazing!  It was something easy for him to eat immediately after, and I was super glad not to cook!

An abundance of snacks!  For him.  {And for me...} When you're sitting around taking care of your boo, snacking all day seems like a good plan.  List toppers include Goldfish, Teddy Grahams, and Cheerios.  {It would appear as though I was feeding a toddler, right?}

What are your favorite Get Well Go-To's?!

7 comments:

  1. These are perfect recovery essentials. Glad he's doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great list! Hope he feels much better soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are perfect. Love the tray...sounds like you deserve some breakfast in bed once he's all healed up! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has been trying to find a tray like this FOREVER. He will be so happy (like I am everyday!) that I read your blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and your husband must be the same person! Give him Billy Madison and Sprite (with a splash for Seagrams' 7) and he's a happy man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that your hubby is doing well after surgery!
    And what a great wifey you are...you bought some pretty cool stuff! LOVE that bed tray. Seriously, Threshold is one of my favorite things about Target. It's just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tray is so cute! Love the snacks, totally reminds me of when i was sick as a kid. You totally deserve breakfast in bed now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...