Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Heaven Cake

My mom makes this cake--Heaven Cake.  And as it's name states, it is heavenly.  She only makes it around Christmas.  You know, when it's ok to eat bad stuff?

While I was home all weekend being Nurse Ashley, all I could think about was a piece of Heaven Cake.  So, I thought "why do I have to wait until Christmas?!"  So I made one.  And then proceeded to eat it.  All of it.

It's just too good not to share, so I thought the Tuesday Tea link up with Sam & the girls would be the perfect place!  It is best enjoyed warm.  For breakfast.


Heaven Cake

1 box of Yellow Cake Mix
1 {3 1/2 oz} Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bar {4 oz} of grated German Chocolate*
8 oz. sour cream
4 eggs

Combine all ingredients except Chocolate and mix until combined.  Turn speed of mixer up to medium and beat batter for 3 minutes.  Fold in chocolate chips and grated German Chocolate by hand.  

Pour batter into greased and floured bundt pan {or two loaf pans}.  Bake at 350 for 55 minutes {loaves, 45ish minutes}

Test for doneness with toothpick.  Contain yourself while you wait for it to cool before slicing a piece.

*Don't skip on this.  The German Chocolate makes this recipe.  I usually chop mine up small in the food processor.  I don't know if I even have a grater?  Find it in the baking aisle--it looks like this


10 comments:

  1. THIS LOOKS SO GOOD! Ok, I'm totally making this for a party we are having on Saturday! It looks so pretty and pretty easy too. I'll let you know how it turns out :) Thanks for joining us today Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh boy. I can totally see why it's called Heaven Cake! YUM! I'm such a sucker for anything sweet, and I've been on a bit of a cake kick lately! Your post is perfect timing, Ashley! Thank you so much for linking up with us today!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I am a sucker for sweet and I just happen to have all these ingredients on hand! Might be making this for our small group tomorrow night! Happy to find you via Tuesday Tea! yay for link up friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely pinning this one to my Pinterest board! Looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing a family recipe with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, already pinned this one to my "sweets" board! Love the name, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so yummy! German chocolate makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks absolutely divine!!! Always good to find another KY girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks delicious! Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...